- QHow can I subscribe to KBS World if the local service providers do not carry KBS World in my region?
- AViewers in Asia, Africa and Oceania can watch KBS World TV(HD) by receiving signals from Intelsat 19 and/or 20. Viewers in Europe and Middle East can watch KBS World by receiving signals from Eutelsat Hotbird 13C_HD and/or Arabsat BARD6_SD. For more information, please contact - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- QI see many of KBS World programs have English-subtitles. However, some programs don't provide English subtitle. Why is this so?
- AWe believe that providing subtitles in local languages is very important for the satisfaction of our viewers. There are also other factors that are closely linked to viewers' satisfaction such as staying up-to-date with Korean television. For example, it is impossible to put subtitles on live programs that are simulcast on KBS TV in Korea. Current ratio of English subtitled programs is the product of compromise of those many factors. However, our plan is to gradually increase the ratio so that non Korean-speaking viewers can spend more time with us without the hindrance of a language barrier.
- QKBS World broadcasts the most up-to-date Korean programs. How so and how new are they?
- AThe program holdback time between KBS TV in Korea and KBS World TV varies from program to program. Most subtitled programs, such as dramas, airs one day after their first-run in Korean terrestrial channel. It is because we need time to encode subtitles. Live programs such as News and coverage of ongoing events are automatically being simulcast.
- QI watch KBS World and I found that the schedule of the channel is quite different from what I see here. What is the problem?
- AThe schedule for Japan and the schedule for America are different from the schedule for the rest of the world. Also please check if you chose the schedule of correct time zone that matches your location.
- QI am suddenly unable to watch KBS World. What can I do to solve the problem?
- AThere can be several reasons for reception errors. First, there might be some technical problem in any point of signal delivery route from KBS headquarter to your home. If it is a technical problem, it will be fixed in a matter of days or, in some extreme cases, weeks. Second, the cable service provider might have moved KBS World to different channel package. Such things do happen frequently so you might want to check it with your service provider. Third, the contract between KBS and the servi ce provider might have terminated. Since provision of channel to local service provider is completely a matter of business deal, termination without renewal does happen quite often for any channel, including KBS World. (For more troubleshooting tips, please email us at email@example.com)
- QWhat are the minimum hardware requirements for the viewer?
date,distributed,number,language,subtittle table. Windows / PC Version Macintosh Version Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4GHz or Intel Core 1.6GHz
(SSE2-enabled processor required for AMD systems)
512MB of RAM, 50MB of available hard-disk space for installation
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition SP2, or Windows® Vista Microsoft ® DirectX compatible sound card and display adapter
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
Safari 3 / Firefox 3 Browser or higher
Any Mac with Intel CPU
Recommended memory is 512MB but is not mandatory. Flash Player 220.127.116.11 or higher.
- QWhat are the minimum bandwidth requirements for the viewer?
- ABroadband connection, such as DSL or Cable, with at least 1. 0Mbps download bandwidth for Standard Definition (SD) and at least 1.5Mbps for High Definition (HD).
- QHow much bandwidth does the viewer use?
- AIt will vary between 0.5Mbps 1.0 Mbps. Actual bandwidth usage may change while the program being watched depending on the amount of the video data transferred.
- QWhat are the supported platforms RayV runs on?
- AMicrosoft® Windows® Vista
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition (SP2)
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
- QWhat are the supported browsers for the embedded viewer?
- AMicrosoft® IE version 6.0 and above
Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 and above
Safari 3 on MacOS and above
- QHow do I change the screen size?
- AClick the arrow icon on the bottom right corner to display the video control buttons and then click the "full screen" button. To return to normal mode, click the button again.
- QWhat should I do in case of a firewall/NAT?
- A- Personal firewall : You need to allow RayV application to access the Internet when prompted with the firewall warning message.
- Residential firewall : The RayV application self discovers and knows how to interact with it in order to properly assure video reception.
- Corporate (business) firewall : Requires support from an IT professional within the organization.
The following settings to the firewall are required.
- Allow outbound TCP traffic to port 25793
- Statically map the following UDP ports on the viewer to ports on the Firewall public IP address: 22556 & 22557.
- QProgram executed on a large screen images (LCD, PDP, etc.) Can I see?
- AYes, But quality is generally available now is suitable for screen display. For an even better video quality, high-definition channels are planning Viewer.