Korean Food Story
- Shabnam(이슬) / 2014.12.05
Sweet red bean soup
red bean paste, sweet rice flour, boiling water, sugar, pine nuts, cinnamon powder.
In a pot, place 1 cup of washed red beans and 4 cups of water and heat it over high heat for 10 minutes.
Lower the heat to low medium and simmer for 50 minutes.
Check if the beans are cooked fully. Remove extra water from the beans and crush them with a wooden spoon or use your food processor to grind it.
Add 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 ts of salt, 1 ts of cinnamon powder into the red bean paste and set it aside.
Put the red bean paste in a pot.
Pour some water (about 4- 5 cups) and 1 cup of sugar (depends on your taste) and boil it.
Mix one cup of sweet rice powder, a pinch of salt and 1 tbs of sugar in a bowl.
Add ½ cup-1 cup of hot water in “3” and mix it with a spoon first and fold it by hand to make dough. (The amount of hot water varies depending on the dryness of sweet rice powder you use, so first use ½ cup of hot water to make your dough and put more hot water while kneading the dough)
Make small rice balls with the dough about 0.5 cm diameter.
When the red bean soup boils, add the rice balls and cook it.
Keep stirring the soup and it will get thicker.
Ladle the soup into a bowl and add a few pine nuts on top and sprinkle some cinnamon powder and serve it.
Best KOKO Board
- Hello Hello ! I just wanna ask you when will you announce the winners who won BTS signed album and...
- Return of The Superman I already uncover why Gunhoo always say "Die Da".kkkkk He is so cute >_< J...
- I was totally disappointed what's happening now a days.
- Hello folks. Hope all is well here. :)
- If we visit Korea can we take part in any shows?