MBK Ent. registers trademark for 'T-ara,' members won't be able to use the group name# K-POP 2018.01.08 View : 1969
T-ara's former agency MBK Entertainment registered a trademark for the name 'T-ARA' on December 28. Products under this trademark include music, ringtones, electronic content containing concerts, performances, organization of concerts, fashion goods like t-shirts and shoes, cosmetics and more. Hence, T-ara's members will not be able to engage in any related business without permission from MBK Entertainment.
MBK Entertainment registered the trademark on December 28, 2017, which is 3 days before the members' contract with the agency expired.
During a phone interview, an employee of MBK Entertainment stated that the company registered the trademark since it has every right to the brand called 'T-ara.' When asked if T-ara's members had been notified of this beforehand, the employee said, "We didn't tell them about it."
Hereafter, T-ara's members will have to create a new group name just like BEAST changed its name to HIGHLIGHT after leaving CUBE Entertainment.
[Image source: MBK Entertainment]
Best KOKO Board
- I miss the cast of 2 days& 1 night season3(Cha Taeyhun,Kim Joonho,Deffconn,Kim Jongmin&Yoon Donggu)t...
- I just love kbs so much sometimes when my friends ask who do you love i say kbs
- You must Apologize to Apink now
- We want all of you to apologize to them now.
- Apologises to Apink. You can not treat the idols like this.