MBK Ent. registers trademark for 'T-ara,' members won't be able to use the group name# K-POP 2018.01.08 View : 1789
T-ara's former agency MBK Entertainment registered a trademark for the name 'T-ARA' on December 28. Products under this trademark include music, ringtones, electronic content containing concerts, performances, organization of concerts, fashion goods like t-shirts and shoes, cosmetics and more. Hence, T-ara's members will not be able to engage in any related business without permission from MBK Entertainment.
MBK Entertainment registered the trademark on December 28, 2017, which is 3 days before the members' contract with the agency expired.
During a phone interview, an employee of MBK Entertainment stated that the company registered the trademark since it has every right to the brand called 'T-ara.' When asked if T-ara's members had been notified of this beforehand, the employee said, "We didn't tell them about it."
Hereafter, T-ara's members will have to create a new group name just like BEAST changed its name to HIGHLIGHT after leaving CUBE Entertainment.
[Image source: MBK Entertainment]
Best KOKO Board
- Hi KBS, can you please upload My Neighbor Charles on YouTube again?... I'm a big fan of that pr...
- Hello KBS. I'm from the Philippines and I interested to buy the 2020 Calendar of Return of Supe...
- 해피 금요일 . [내 그림이다 .] - 코코 보드 ❤
- 해피 목요일 . [코코가 옥탑방 위에 고양이를 보고 있어요 .]
- Hi KBS, I’m studying in Philippines right now and I want to spend my downtime watching Gag Concert...