Bong Joon-ho Becomes First Korean Receiving the Palme d'Or at Cannes# Entertainment 2019.05.27 View : 742
Korean film director Bong Joon-ho grabbed the Palme d'Or at the 72nd Cannes Film Festival on Saturday for his new movie "Parasite."
His win is the fifth time that a Korean film has received a main competition award at the Cannes Film Festival.
Back in 2004, Park Chan-wook was awarded the Grand Prix, the second-highest prize at the festival, for his thriller "Old Boy."
"Secret Sunshine" grabbed the best actress award for Jeon Do-yeon in 2007.
In this year, the Grand Prix went to the French film "Atlantics" by Mati Diop, and the best director award was given to a Belgian filmmaking duo, Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, for "Young Ahmed."
[Image Source: imdb.com]
Best KOKO Board
- Hi KBS, can you please upload My Neighbor Charles on YouTube again?... I'm a big fan of that pr...
- Hello KBS. I'm from the Philippines and I interested to buy the 2020 Calendar of Return of Supe...
- 해피 금요일 . [내 그림이다 .] - 코코 보드 ❤
- 해피 목요일 . [코코가 옥탑방 위에 고양이를 보고 있어요 .]
- Hi KBS, I’m studying in Philippines right now and I want to spend my downtime watching Gag Concert...