Bong Joon-ho Becomes First Korean Receiving the Palme d'Or at Cannes# Entertainment 2019.05.27 View : 933
Korean film director Bong Joon-ho grabbed the Palme d'Or at the 72nd Cannes Film Festival on Saturday for his new movie "Parasite."
His win is the fifth time that a Korean film has received a main competition award at the Cannes Film Festival.
Back in 2004, Park Chan-wook was awarded the Grand Prix, the second-highest prize at the festival, for his thriller "Old Boy."
"Secret Sunshine" grabbed the best actress award for Jeon Do-yeon in 2007.
In this year, the Grand Prix went to the French film "Atlantics" by Mati Diop, and the best director award was given to a Belgian filmmaking duo, Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, for "Young Ahmed."
[Image Source: imdb.com]
Best KOKO Board
- I miss the cast of 2 days& 1 night season3(Cha Taeyhun,Kim Joonho,Deffconn,Kim Jongmin&Yoon Donggu)t...
- I just love kbs so much sometimes when my friends ask who do you love i say kbs
- You must Apologize to Apink now
- We want all of you to apologize to them now.
- Apologises to Apink. You can not treat the idols like this.