KBS World :: Always yours
KBS World is a 24-hour family entertainment channel provided by KBS, the flagship public service broadcaster in Korea. KBS programs are broadcast on KBS World only 1 day to 7 days after their first-run in Korean terrestrial channel. With 100% original programming by KBS, the channel broadcasts in Korean language along with multilingual subtitles.
Currently available for 54 million households within 117 countries and for over 1700 hotels in 46 countries, KBS World is the definite source to feel, enjoy, and learn Asian culture.
KBS World promises to do its best to bring pleasant and informative programs to the viewers. Always enjoyable TV, it is KBS World!
|Launch Date||July 1, 2003|
|Countries distributed||KBS World is available in 117 countries including USA, China, Japan, major Asian countries, Europe, CIS, Middle East, Latin America, and Africa, and even in Antarctica|
|Number of households||Approx. 50.6 million (as of February 2015)|
|Subtitles||English (95%), Chinese (27%), Malay (10%)
* Japanese Subtitles, Spanish Subtitles, Vietnamese Subtitles,
Indonesian Subtitles also in service
- Drama: Key Driver of Korean Wave
- KBS World dramas distinguish themselves through various themes, dynamic storylines and the presence of renowned celebrities. Highly appreciated among Asian audiences, KBS dramas bring heartwarming stories of life, love, and family.
- Entertainment: Recharge Yourself with Wholesome Laughter
- Korea's most loved entertainment programs have gathered! KBS World offers enjoyable entertainment programs including K-Pop music shows, comedy skits, and infotainment programs. Viewers will meet the most up-to-the-minute trends in Korea through KBS World's total entertainment programs.
- Documentary: New Paradigm of Documentaries
- Diverse, useful and enjoyable! KBS World provides the latest and highly informative documentary programs. KBS documentaries bring in-depth information on health, environment, social and cultural topics. Find vivid nature and experience passionate lives on KBS World documentaries.
|2014||December 1||KBS World available via Nordelink Bulgaria (CATV),
Telenet Bulgaria (CATV/IPTV) in Bulgaria
|October 1||KBS World available via Matrix TV (DTH) in Indonesia|
|September 1||KBS World available via MNBC (DTT) in Mongolia|
|May1||KBS World available via Starnet (CATV/IPTV) in Moldova and Trolan (IPTV/ OTT) in Ukraine|
|March 1||KBS World available via Elion (IPTV), Telset (DTH) in Estonia|
|January 1||KBS World available via IMTV (DTH) in Indonesia|
|2013||February 1||KBS World available via MediaCorp(OTT) in Singapore|
|KBS World available via MEO(Cable,IPTV,DTH), ZON(IPTV) in Portugal|
|January 1||KBS World available via My TV in seven African countries|
|KBS World available via Bis TV(DTH) in Monaco, Andorra|
|2012||December 1||KBS World available in Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives.|
|November 1||KBS World available via STV in Estonia|
|October 1||KBS China launched|
|September 3||KBS World HD conversion (Asia/Africa Region)|
|2011||April 1||KBS World available via CityTelecom (IPTV) in Hong Kong|
|January 1||World available via Indonesia Skynindo (DTH)|
|2010||May 1||KBS World available via new French IPTV (SFR TV)|
|January 1||KBS World available via SkyCable in Philippines|
|2009||May 1||KBS World available as Standard Basic channel in J:COM in Japan|
|March 24||KBS World available via French IPTV Free TV|
|January 1||KBS World available via WMBC, the New York digital TV|
|January 1||KBS World available via Cable Union in Columbia|
|2008||December 23||KBS World available via PNCC Cable in Palau|
|December 8||KBS World available via Cox Cable in Orange County, SC, U.S.A|
|November 1||KBS World available in Greece (On TV) & Turkey (Turksat)|
|September 1||KBS World entered VTC (DTT platform) in Vietnam|
|May 5||Chinese subtitles service started. DVB System Adopted|
|May 1||KBS World newly available in Angola & Mozambique|
|April 28||KBS World expanded DTH Service zone|
|April 21||KBS World opened new website|
|February 28||KBS World launched in Indian Market on DD Direct+, the DTH operated by the National Broadcaster Doordarshan|
|January 4||Spanish Subtitles Service for Latin America Started|
|2007||December 1||KBS World newly distributed in the Southern California, U.S.A via Time Warner Cable|
|May 30||KBS World advanced into the Chinese market|
|January20||KBS World newly distributed in South America via IS-9|
|2006||October 1||KBS Japan made its entry into the basic cable package of the J:COM, the biggest cable provider in Japan|
|June 26||KBS World launched its free satellite service in the Middle East|
|April 1||KBS Japan started the transmission of KBS World through Sky Perfec TV, Japan's largest pay-TV platform provider|
|April 1||KBS Japan established|
|2005||December 19||Began to broadcast English News titled <KBS World News Today>|
|October 6||KBS World began its service in the nationwide package of the Echostar|
|2004||September 6||KBS America launched|
|2003||July 1||KBS World Launched|
- The meaning of the Logo
- Square means the stability and perfection implying that KBS World is a reliable channel. The empty area in the square means stable change expressing that the channel is energetic and flexible. KBS World staffs are going to complete the channel by filling up the empty area with various information, sensations, entertainments and relaxation.
- Application of WordMark
- We protected the word mark by securing equal space around the letters so that the symbol wouldn't be invaded by other graphic icons and located in the center Let's say the height of word mark is 2A. Then the room neighboring the word mark has to be A.
- KBS World Color
- Blue symbolizes Korea which is mostly surrounded by ocean. Blue is associated with the color of the cast house, coral blue, meaning serenity and cleanness. We colored half of the empty space of the logo blue and this draws viewer's attention to the logo in the flood of various colors on TV screen.